How to read REG_ID register

<< < (3/13) > >>

BRT Community:
Hi,

Which module do you use? It may depend on the hardware design,

Best Regards, BRT Community

Geethanjali:
Hi ,

I am using RVT70HSBNWC00-B (BT817Q) display. Can u please provide me steps to turn on backlight of display is there any particular pin that needs to be configured?

Thanks in advance

BRT Community:
Hi,

The module datasheet does not have the full schematic in order to confirm if any specific GPIO are used but it looks like just the REG_PWM_HZ and REG+PWM_DUTY that you need to set,

REG_PWM_HZ is already defaulting to 250 and so writing a value of 128 to REG_PWM_DUTY should set full brightness. You could check with Riverdi to see if any particular frequency is recommended and if so could also set REG_PWM_HZ if needed.

Make sure that you have your Vdd and BLVdd connected up correctly as per the datasheet as you will need these powered up according to the spec recommended by Riverdi to see the backlight illuminate.  Make sure that your power supply can supply sufficient current too,

Rudolph:
I have the RVT70HSBNWC00-B up and running on my desk, it is supported by my library.
It needs no special treatment so yes, writing to REG_PWM_DUTY sets the backlight-PWM.
I am only using a value of 0x18 though since the display is very bright.

BRT Community:
Hi,

One other thing I forgot to mention was to ensure you set the DISP pin, this is bit 15 of the REG_GPIOX_DIR and REG_GPIO_X. See page 48 below.

https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/BRT_AN_033_BT81X-Series-Programming-Guide.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version