Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Running animation stops DL's from running.  (Read 7880 times)

sjasz

• View Profile
Running animation stops DL's from running.
« on: February 02, 2024, 11:23:15 PM »

I am running animated gifs from RAM_G and that works fine on its own. The problem is that when they are running, no other display list commands are able to run. When the animation starts running everything on the display gets removed, the background turns black, and it is no longer possible to run any new Display Lists. Its as if animations are not able to co-exist with other Display List objects.

When trying this in ESE it behaves in a similar fashion. I am not able to add any other object to a page that contains an animation. To be more correct, if I drag text to the page it shows up in the Coprocessor window, but it is not displayed on the main window. If I remove the animation the text will appear.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:25:14 PM by sjasz »

sjasz

• View Profile
Re: Running animation stops DL's from running.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 06:22:51 PM »

I did some experiments and found that I can have several animations running at the same time so am thinking it is not because I am overfilling the Display List.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 12:01:17 PM »

Hi,

We suggest to use CMD_ANIMFRAMERAM in this case as the CMD_RUNANIM is a blocking call.

In this case you will need to increment the frame number parameter in your code however rather than it running automatically. Just to relate to your other post also, since you can control the advancing of the frame, you could convert an animation with fewer frames (avoiding the repeated ones so you can have 2 instead of 100).

CMD_ANIMFRAMERAM(x, y, startaddr, frame)

Best Regards, BRT Community 

sjasz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 04:12:56 PM »

That makes sense. Thanks.

I thought that maybe the animation would continue to run when new display lists were run.

It does beg the question though. What use is there for CMD_RUNANIM if it can only be used by itself, and to display anything after it requires a complete hardware reset?