General Category > Discussion - EVE

Modularly load ASTC images

(1/4) > >>

FlorianG:
Hi :),
I have a problem with astc images.
I can't put multiple ASTC images one behind the other. Is this normal, and is there a way to fix it?
My goal is to be able to modularly load ASTC images into memory.

BRT Community:
Hi Florian,

For your images, is the issue related to their storage within flash or is it when you load them to RAM_G in consecutive locations?
Depending on where they are stored at the time of displaying, it may be a data alignment issue.
Does the first one display correctly but the following images are not displayed correctly?

Best Regards, BRT Community

FlorianG:
I load all the data into the flash.  I put the image data one after the other directly, then I indicate the address of the images before loading them.
And indeed the first image is displayed correctly but the following ones do not work at all and sometimes they crash the chip

BRT Community:
Hi Florian,

This should work well but we can try it here,

Do you load all images on the same screen or are you displaying one at a time?
Also, are they large images or just small icons?

Do you have some images which we could try so that we use the same ones?
You can email them if preferred to support.emea@brtchip.com and we can try them,
Please also include details of which addresses you load them to and if possible a screenshot of your asset builder for Image conversion and for the Bin file creation so that we can try to recreate it as closely as possible.

p.s. If you don't use EAB for loading the data, ensure that your flash alignment meets all requirements for SetBitmap (works in 32 byte blocks) and for the flash commands if you write the data using Flashupdate etc. (4096 byte alignment)

Best Regards, BRT Community

FlorianG:
Thank you for your help, I will send you all this by email as soon as possible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version