General Category > Discussion - EVE

UNIOCDE fonts bigger than 18

<< < (3/3)

Rudolph:
Hmm?
Check my footer, it is *all* public.  :)

BRT Community:
Hi Craggan,

We have been doing some testing and we were able to see the issue on some compiler platforms, where it seemed to be caused by the encoding.

For example, we can see the issue on Visual Studio but the same string and the same code on various MCUs is fine, and so it seems to be data type related. If the wrong data at byte level is passed into the EVE Text command by the IDE (which may not be apparent from the top-level code that you run) then you could see issues like this. This may explain why Rudolph also did not see the issue,

A second factor is to ensure that you convert all of the characters needed. If converting in higher quality and larger sizes of font, make sure that your converted data all fits into RAM_G depending on data size and address where you load it etc. With this you may see the wrong character in the string (as opposed to the 'tab' effect which seems caused by the compiler handling of unicode as above)

Best Regards, BRT Community

Craggan:
I work currently with the XC16 Compiler from MicroChip on a dsPIC33 within MPLAB X IDE 5.5.

After Rudolph's comment to check the editor for UTF8-mode, i changed my settings from LatinX to UTF8.

But nevertheless, if i don't use encoding like this here, i will have no success:
EVE_cmd_text( 10, 10, 1, 0, "\n\u00A9\u00BA\u00C4\u00D6\u00DC\u00E4\u00F6\u00FC\n   The quick brown fox");

I also opened the related file with another editor and saved it there in UTF8 mode.

Thanks for your assistance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version