General Category > Discussion - EVE

Multi tag problem

<< < (3/4) > >>

Rudolph:

--- Quote from: mtesmer on February 09, 2022, 05:01:50 PM ---My question is if you both succeed in compatibility mode or the only option is to use Host mode and send touch data via MCU on that particular controller?

--- End quote ---

We really did not have to do anything.
We are using Riverdi modules and as I wrote, I believe that Riverdi is using custom Firmware for the ILI2132A.
At the very least they configured the I2C address, probably the data is beeing send different as well.

--- Quote ---Any way to connect and use direct on BT817?

--- End quote ---

There might be thru cusom CTP software for the BT817 as compiled thru EVE Asset Builder.
But I have not even tried this.

--- Quote ---PS. I attached a nice comparison from Winstar highlighting key differences between FT5426 and ILI2130. Hope you will be able to read from attachments bellow (maximum total size limitation :().

--- End quote ---

Thank you, this is interesting but for other reasons.
The first point is the tighter limit of the lower supply voltage.
The second point is the extended delay necesarry, now I wonder what the BT817 actually uses.

mtesmer:
Yes, It looks like that ILI2132 version intended to be a FT compatible.

I did a very quick mock-up and connect MCU direct to a touch controller. As per comparison provided earlier my ILITEK CT is outputting whole 64 byte data payload, no matter if you press one touch or more. They "padding" data to the left so first touch data, followed by second, etc. The remain of no used data is zero and there is some validity data at the end. I attached some images from analyser for a reference. This most likely causing you a problem on multi as TC is processing data from a stream rather than from associated register. For example five touches will give you [1,2,3,4,5,0,...] but three [1,2,3,0,0,0,...], etc.

JuSil:
Hello,
Riverdi have a new touchscreen controller firmware.
And it seems to work fine.
Only little disappoint in my code point of view was that.
When press two buttons array is ex. [1,2,0,0,0]
then take of finger 1 off comes [0,2,0,0,0]
my code works better and faster if result is [2,0,0,0,0], but its ok now.
Thanks.

Rudolph:

--- Quote from: JuSil on March 03, 2022, 09:37:44 AM ---Riverdi have a new touchscreen controller firmware.

--- End quote ---

OK, nice, where do I get a copy of this to patch my displays?

--- Quote ---When press two buttons array is ex. [1,2,0,0,0]
then take of finger 1 off comes [0,2,0,0,0]

--- End quote ---

This is consistent with how it worked in earlier versions of the modules.

Tomasz Soldat:
Hi! On behalf of Riverdi I would like to let you know that we were working on this issue recently and managed to achieve good results. Our engineers are testing now. For our customers we can provide updates.

Rudolph, JuSil - we will get in touch with you via email.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version