General Category > Discussion - EVE

UMFT4222EV with VM816C50A

<< < (2/2)

BRT Community:
Hello,

Could I clarify which version of EVE Asset Builder you care currently utilising?

Just as a note, if a erase does succeed the blob would need re-programmed into the flash IC before it can be detected. It may be that an erase has completed and the subsequent write has failed leading to he blob note being present.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

kumaichi:

--- Quote from: BRT Community on February 06, 2024, 11:33:35 AM ---Could I clarify which version of EVE Asset Builder you care currently utilising?

--- End quote ---

I'm using EVE Asset Builder v2.10.2

--- Quote from: BRT Community on February 06, 2024, 11:33:35 AM ---Just as a note, if a erase does succeed the blob would need re-programmed into the flash IC before it can be detected. It may be that an erase has completed and the subsequent write has failed leading to he blob note being present.

--- End quote ---

EVE Asset Builder is reporting that it successfully erased the data but it's a false positive.  I can plug in the FT232HQ and it works fine identifying the blob and calculating the speed.

Anything else you need me to try please let me know.

Kindest regards

kumaichi:
I also get this error when trying to flash/verify, this has an error result, might be helpful.

Updating C:/Users/Public/Documents/EVE Asset Builder/work_space/output/Image400x400.bin to flash, erasing if necessary ...
WARNING: Blob driver will be overwriten!
Updating "C:/Users/Public/Documents/EVE Asset Builder/work_space/output/Image400x400.bin" to Flash Storage.
Switch flash status from FT810 to FULL. Result: ERROR
Unknown error code: 0xCD36DCD5
Flash status: FULL.
Verifying Flash...
Verifying flash fail at flash address 0, file address 0
Verifying FAIL!

Kindest regards

brtchip.truongly:
Hello,

Please note that the flash chip can still be accessed for reading and writing even without a blob.
Upon successful erasure, the flash chip will be detected as "Blob is NOT present."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version