Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Display spinner manually in ESD?  (Read 8982 times)

Cyrilou

• View Profile
Display spinner manually in ESD?
« on: May 26, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »

Hi,

I'd like to display spinner with ESD but this widget is not available, only for long loadings. How can I display it manually?
Thanks.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Display spinner manually in ESD?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Currently there is no stand alone Spinner Widget available in ESD, there is a 'Pop-Up Spinner' available in the as a ESD Utility however.

I will see if the development team can incorporate a Spinner Widget in an upcoming revision of ESD.

I would also be possible to manually edit your output source code to call the CMD_SPINNER EVE API call.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 09:05:09 AM »

I've succesfully displayed it! I've used a render forwarder + EVE_CoCmd_spinner function for this. Only one question is  why I must call this function after each render frame to keep it on screen, I didn't see any CMD_STOP  which would stop the spinner in source code... Maybe emulator make a stop itself?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »

Hello

Thank you for the update, this should hopefully be useful for other customers.
The developers have gotten back to me and are looking at adding a Spinner Widget.

This behaviour is related to how display list commands are issued to EVE, if a new frame is rendered without the EVE_CoCmd_spinner API call included in the display list the spinner wont get displayed on the screen. you are essentially re-issuing the command for every new frame to the co-processor.

Best Regards,
BRT Community