General Category > Discussion - EVE

EVE Asset Builder

<< < (9/10) > >>

BRT Community:
Hello,

--- Quote from: moiatto on November 25, 2021, 02:55:54 PM ---I have updated EAB from v2.1.0 to last 2.4.1.

i tested it on 2 pc win10 x64 (run as administrator) but when I try to to generate animation or convert images I get the attached errors.

Generating anim_GEAR.anim ...
It might take several minutes to calculate the optimal Tile Size ...
Conversion failed!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cookanim.py", line 570, in animation_convert
  File "cookanim.py", line 432, in do_animation_convert
  File "genflash.py", line 1498, in calculate_flash_usage
  File "genflash.py", line 1087, in importAE
  File "genflash.py", line 908, in raw_tiled_astc
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\MBAIR2~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\cookanim1n5uejhn\\/atlas0.astc'

can anyone help me?

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the feedback, could you try an uninstallation and then a fresh installation EAB 2.4.1?

Could you clarify if there is an ERROR output after the "Conversion failed!" output?

An example for reference:

--- Code: ---C:/Users/Public/Documents/EVE Asset Builder/Assets For Test/Image Converter Test/jpg/320_480.jpg conversion is in progress...
Conversion failed!
ERROR: Codec context alloc failed: ASTCENC_ERR_BAD_CPU_ISA

Traceback (most recent call last):
--- End code ---

Best Regards,
BRT Community

moiatto:
Ok. Now it works.

I installed it in c:\program files\EVE Asset Builder\ and it did't work.

Another question:
I tried to install it on a MacBook Air (chip M1 ARM) with Parallel Desktop 17.1.0 (last version) with Windows 11 ARM64. I cannot  install it and i get this message:

--- Quote ---This program can only be installed on versions of Windows designed for the following processor architectures: x64

--- End quote ---

Is there a particular reason?

Other software 64bit works well included EAB v2.1.0 (only flash programmer did't work because no ft422 drivers for win 10/11 ARM).

BRT Community:
Hello Moiatto,

Thank you for giving that a try.

I believe the latest version of EAB is only compatible x64 architecture as per the warning message and as such it will not run on ARM based processors such as the one in your macbook Air.

I will clarify this with the development team and also note the ASTC error you are seeing to see if there is a resolution for this.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Rudolph:
Any word on a new EAB since all the versions got pulled now back to 2.1?

BRT Community:
Hello,

--- Quote from: Rudolph on January 17, 2022, 06:13:16 PM ---Any word on a new EAB since all the versions got pulled now back to 2.1?

--- End quote ---

Currently the latest version of EAB available on our website is version 2.4.1:

https://brtchip.com/ic-module/toolchains/

I will ask the development team for the upcoming release schedule.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version