General Category > Test and Review Area

EVE Asset Builder 1.6.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Matrix Orbital:
Is there a time frame for the new release?

Artyom:
It is possible that Asset Builder contains some serious file operation issues.

I'm developing an audio player and recently tried to convert a PNG image into a paletted image (Paletted565) if I remember correctly.

I specified my desktop folder as an output folder just to test it quickly, which was a mistake.

The conversion error popped and then some image conversion files appeared with a size of 0 bytes.
But also some of my files on the desktop were deleted, in a completely random fashion (at random locations and random types of files
such as .png .pdf .hs and even a whole folder with different files)

my OS is Windows 7 , EVE Asset Builder version is 1.6.0

This may be because I accidentally selected a "converted" image as an input image
(I previously converted the original image into a RGB565 format and the program outputted some .raw files together with what seems like a copy of the original image, just renamed to "Icon_50x50_RGB565_Converted.png") and I selected this copy as an input image for the conversion, but anyways it should not cause the program to delete random files.

I attached the png image which caused this error (Icon_50x50_RGB565_Converted.png)
and the original image (Icon.png)
Actually I don't remember was it Icon.png or Icon2.png so I attached them both, they are very similar images.

BRT Community:
Hello Artyom,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed this onto the developer for investigation.

I can note that the latest version of EAB will be uploaded to the website very soon.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

chadpham75:
Hi BRT team,
I am using EAB version 2.10 with
Matrix Orbital EVE3x-43G-IPS-BLH-TPC-F128-HAP
interface with PC with EVE2-USB2SPI-KIT-A

The intention is to use this LCD to replace the current product in production but I found it is very difficult for the evaluation to make the decision.
I am trying to do simple project like drop in the PNG image, converted, and build and flash the image file to the EVE3 module, but all I got is just the little distorted corner pixels.

I am following the  EVE Asset Builder 2.1.0 User Guide version 1.6 issued date 17-12-2020 very closely, but the document is not very details.

For example
Once the image conversion is completed what will be the next step to prepare for the flashing?
I am playing with adding converted png file and other files but no success.
Once the image conversion is completed there are 4 files .json, .raw, .rawh, _converted.png file.  And the guide didn't show the steps of build the flash and flashing the asset to the module.

Can my .bin file only contain 1 png file is ok?
Is the location of the png file need to be in the specific sector?
Do I need the map file to specific the location of the png file?

unified.blob                               : 0    : 4096
page1livetext_480x272_RGB565_Converted.png : 4096 : 22912

Please help to send or to point me to the right direction for the usage of the Asset Builder.
I think in order for the user to switch to new products, we need lots of help to make the transition as easy as possible and the details of the documentations are very important.
Thank you so much for your helps.

raydem:
Hello,

where can I download EVE Asset Builder ??

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version