Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: EVE Asset Builder 1.6.0  (Read 15567 times)

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
EVE Asset Builder 1.6.0
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the imminent release of EVE Asset Builder 1.6.0, this will be available on brtchip.com shortly but for now the installer can be downloaded from the following:
EVE-Asset-Builder-setup-1.6.0-rc1.zip

The release note below lists the updates since the last public release (1.4.0):

v1.6.0:
    - Fix bugs:
      + flash detection fails but program succeeds
    - Improve the session functionality in EAB
    - Add the keyboard shortcut for changing the order in flash image generator
    - Add shortcut key for deleting item in list widget
    - Add one "Clear" button for log panel
    - Add one warning window to prompt user for "Data Alignment" of EAB
    - Add a question mark to explain the hardware configuration of flash programmer
    - Show glyph information in different place

V1.5.0:
    - Fix bugs:
      + Some characters disappears from glyph if the code point mode is "utf-8"
      + Typo on code point mode drop-down box of font conversion utility
    - Add alignment option in flash image generation utility
    - Add a question mark to give the hint for code point mode of font conversion utility
    - Force 64-byte alignment for Flash address of Glyph file
    - Unknown freetype error when converting the symbola font file
    - Provide more information while previewing the input font file
    - Provide more information on the result panel of font conversion utility
    - Add bmp file support in Image conversion and Animation conversion
    - The compression for LUT file of paletted format in Image conversion utility shall be disabled
    - Add more information on compression mode in image conversion utility
    - Add the support of compression output in PNG2DXT1
    - Improve the flash utility in EAB
    - Improve the sample code for flash utility
    - Add some description about re-ordering assets in flash image generator
    - Add more information for "compressed" option of image conversion utility
    - Improvement on result window of image conversion utility: File size and full extension name
    - Add a bmp file under 'assets for test' folder of installation path
    - Add a section in user guide to list down the flash programmer modules

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Rudolph

• View Profile
Re: EVE Asset Builder 1.6.0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

I un-installed the older EAB and also removed the directory for it to make the installation of 1.6.0 as clean as possible.
First observation, EAB installs to C:\Users\Public\Documents\EVE Asset Builder now.

Flash Programmer:
The "Detect" button works now from the GUI, including "Measure Writing Speed".
After detect is finished it immediately switches over to "PROGRAM" though so you only have a second to read the result of the reading speed analyses.
There is a "BACK" button to get back to the detection results which works fine.
But I would prefer to select "PROGRAM" myself.
Annother issue is, when you use "DETECT", "BACK", "PROGRAM" and then "BACK" again, the results of the "DETECT" are gone.

For Progflash.exe the "detect" option is still undocumented and has been changed from the last version.
It requires an additional parameter now, "all" or "except_writing":
ProgFlash_1_6 MPSSE detect except_writing

In "PROGAM" we still do not have an option to verify the contect of the flash against a given file.
Instead we have "UPDATE&VERIFY" now which works just fine but is not the same thing.
The new version of Progflash.exe also does not have this option, or at least "Progflash module MPSSE verify flash.bin" does not do anything while "ProgFlash module MPSSE write flash.bin verify" and "ProgFlash module MPSSE update flash.bin verify" do work.
Can we please also have a non-destructive verify only option?

"ERASE" works a lot better now, it actively switches the FLASH to BASIC mode now if it is in FAST mode.
So I can erase the chips from the Adesto with EAB now but they still do not work with the provided unified.blob.

Annother observation, the commands used to play the logo animation at the end and they do not do this anymore.
I consider this to be a good thing since at least the two USB interfaces I have could not supply a larger panel since both only have a single 3.3V linear regulator on them.
However, all commands still end up to configure the BT81x to display an empty display list with a black screen and activated backlight at the end.
This is about the worst case possible as an all black screen means the display logic itself will draw the most power while this is not obvious to the user since the panel still is almost black.
I am only using a 4.3" module but the LDO still heats up.
Now take a 7" module that draws around 150mA for the logic alone when all black and 500mA or more or the backlight.
Not only is this beyond what a normal USB port allows, this means the LDO on the UBS/SPI interface needs to dissipate 1.1W of excess power.
And now consider that the near future will bringt 10" modules that will draw more power for the backlight and the logic.

Please do at least deactivate the backlight or even better also leave the panel logic in limbo set PCLK to zero.

Off to more testing...

Baxsie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:42:51 PM »

The first thing I noticed is that after doing a "DETECT" with "Measure Writing Speed" checked, all sorts of interesting stuff is pushed into the log up in the log (nice) but as soon as the detect is done, it flips to the next PROGRAM page, immediately hiding the result.

If you press "BACK" the log is cleared so you cannot select and copy the text.

Granted all the good information is displayed when you click "BACK", but it cannot be selected to copy.

Proposed solution: If "Measure Writing Speed" is checked, and DETECT is clicked, do not clear the log or automatically flip to the PROGRAM screen.

Baxsie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 08:04:41 PM »

Some other "Quality of Life" enhancements:

1) Make the MSPSSE / FT4222 keep its setting across sessions. It makes me nervous _every_time_ the detect fails . . . .
2) After using the "Generate Flash Image" tab successfully, propagate that file to the "Flash Programmer" tab.
3) In general, default the folder paths to the last ones used.

BRT Community Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »

Hello,

The development team are currently working on a new version of the EVE Asset Builder.

As soon as it is ready we will post it here.

best regards

BRT Community

Matrix Orbital

• View Profile
    • Matrix Orbital
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 11:26:39 PM »

Is there a time frame for the new release?
Matrix Orbital
Display Solution Provider

Embedded HDMI TFT's, EVE2, EVE3 & EVE4 TFT's, Serial LCD's, USB, LCD's

www.matrixorbital.com
www.lcdforums.com/forums

Artyom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »

It is possible that Asset Builder contains some serious file operation issues.

I'm developing an audio player and recently tried to convert a PNG image into a paletted image (Paletted565) if I remember correctly.

I specified my desktop folder as an output folder just to test it quickly, which was a mistake.

The conversion error popped and then some image conversion files appeared with a size of 0 bytes.
But also some of my files on the desktop were deleted, in a completely random fashion (at random locations and random types of files
such as .png .pdf .hs and even a whole folder with different files)

my OS is Windows 7 , EVE Asset Builder version is 1.6.0

This may be because I accidentally selected a "converted" image as an input image
(I previously converted the original image into a RGB565 format and the program outputted some .raw files together with what seems like a copy of the original image, just renamed to "Icon_50x50_RGB565_Converted.png") and I selected this copy as an input image for the conversion, but anyways it should not cause the program to delete random files.

I attached the png image which caused this error (Icon_50x50_RGB565_Converted.png)
and the original image (Icon.png)
Actually I don't remember was it Icon.png or Icon2.png so I attached them both, they are very similar images.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 02:02:59 PM by Artyom »

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 04:00:08 PM »

Hello Artyom,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed this onto the developer for investigation.

I can note that the latest version of EAB will be uploaded to the website very soon.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

chadpham75

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 07:05:29 PM »

Hi BRT team,
I am using EAB version 2.10 with
Matrix Orbital EVE3x-43G-IPS-BLH-TPC-F128-HAP
interface with PC with EVE2-USB2SPI-KIT-A

The intention is to use this LCD to replace the current product in production but I found it is very difficult for the evaluation to make the decision.
I am trying to do simple project like drop in the PNG image, converted, and build and flash the image file to the EVE3 module, but all I got is just the little distorted corner pixels.

I am following the  EVE Asset Builder 2.1.0 User Guide version 1.6 issued date 17-12-2020 very closely, but the document is not very details.

For example
Once the image conversion is completed what will be the next step to prepare for the flashing?
I am playing with adding converted png file and other files but no success.
Once the image conversion is completed there are 4 files .json, .raw, .rawh, _converted.png file.  And the guide didn't show the steps of build the flash and flashing the asset to the module.

Can my .bin file only contain 1 png file is ok?
Is the location of the png file need to be in the specific sector?
Do I need the map file to specific the location of the png file?

unified.blob                               : 0    : 4096
page1livetext_480x272_RGB565_Converted.png : 4096 : 22912

Please help to send or to point me to the right direction for the usage of the Asset Builder.
I think in order for the user to switch to new products, we need lots of help to make the transition as easy as possible and the details of the documentations are very important.
Thank you so much for your helps.

raydem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2022, 01:35:19 PM »

Hello,

where can I download EVE Asset Builder ??

Thank you

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 04:05:19 PM »

Hello,

You can download the installation package for the newest version of EVE Asset Builder (EAB 2.5.0) from the following link: https://brtchip.com/ic-module/toolchains/

Additionally, 'BRT_AN_054 EVE Asset Builder User Guide' can be found here: https://brtchip.com/ic-module/document/programming-guides/

Best regards

BRT Community