Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: SOUND problem  (Read 7348 times)

stephane

• View Profile
SOUND problem
« on: September 18, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »

Hi everybody,

I am starting the development with the VM816 board, connected to a dspic, Actually all the display is working well, but I can't make any sound. and I don't understand why because it's look very easy.. I don't know why I always have a 30Mhz clock on the AUDIO_line output, even if I put the reg_sound to 0x0000 or 0x0060 for mute and set the REG_PLAY to 1
 Anything I put on the REG_sound give me this clock without modulation..

Do someone already had this problem ?

stephane

• View Profile
Re: SOUND problem
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 04:01:28 PM »

Hi again

I keep have my problem and I realy don't know why... I am using the evaluation board for BT816, anything I do give me the same result..
As you can see below I have take off all my code driving the display ( who is working well)and made a code only for the sound..

Any thing i do in the register give me nothing.

Code: [Select]

while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_ID)!= 0x7C);

while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_CPURESET) != 0x00)                                  // Ensure CPUreset register reads 0 and so FT8xx is ready   
    {
    }
    delay_ms(5);

EVE_MemWrite32(REG_FREQUENCY,60000000); // configuration de la l'horoge à 60 Mhz
    EVE_MemWrite16(REG_GPIOX_DIR, 0x0004);
    EVE_MemWrite16(REG_GPIOX, 0x0004); // bit 15 active le backlight

delay_ms(500);

EVE_MemWrite8(REG_VOL_SOUND, 0xFF);             
   EVE_MemWrite16(REG_SOUND,(0x6C<<8)|0x41);
    EVE_MemWrite8(REG_PLAY,1);

while (EVE_MemRead8(REG_PLAY)!= 0);

delay_ms(2000); 

I really be greatfull If someone could care of my problem and help me..

Best regard,

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:06 PM »

Hi,

We tried your code and it was working on our board.

We would however recommend to do the full start-up until your screen is up and running and then play the sound. In your normal code which works with the display, you can set the bit 4 in the GPIOX and GPIOX_DIR at the same time as you write them to enable the display.

But for the code which plays the sound, try running it after displaying a screen for example as then you know the device is ready and running.

What hardware are you running with? it may be a connection issue or a define in your code for example. We tried with BRT_AN_025 code running on FT900 with VM816 and a CleO speaker connected to the socket on the VM816. We played the sound within the main program loop.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

darkjezter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »

The code looks fine to me.

I'm not convinced though that Line_in is intended to be used as an output from the board.  Mainly since the connector has "speaker out" and "line in" according to the datasheet.  Are you able to get anything through the speaker outputs?

Debrasoare

• View Profile
    • XEvil 4.0: revolution in automatic CAPTCHA solution
SOUND problem
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 09:12:13 PM »

So if I understood correctly the problem was that the sound files were not migrated when you switched to your new Windows 10 system and its working now?