Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Porting ESD4.8 project to renesas synergy platform  (Read 10393 times)

Cyrilou

• View Profile
Porting ESD4.8 project to renesas synergy platform
« on: October 09, 2020, 11:10:28 AM »

Hi community,

I've exported ESD4 project to eclipse format and i've succefully ported the library to renesas synergy platform!
I use it because I can previsualize screen before code them and there is more widgets than with  ESE.

But I  have many questions and recommandations for Bridgetek developppers and community:

1) There are lot of warnings in the project (about 3300). It's mainly conversion variable formats and definition function problems. Can you correct this?

2) When you use NULL constants include of stddef.h is missing.

3) In ft_esd_cocmd_widgets.c include of stdarg.h is missing for va_arg() function use.

4) I have a matrix orbital screen without touch screen since I'm using a keypad appart: library is not optimized for TPN screen references. Is it possible to autodetect that a touchscreen controller is physically present or not with BT815? Or add a define to support TPN configuration? I must consequently disable esd_calibrate() function.

5) If there is no SPI flash connected to BT815, is it possible to display bitmaps? I have only the flash on my MCU and maybe SPI flash extension later. Library is also not optimized for non SPI flash devices.

6) I have 4.3inch 480x272 resolution WQVGA screen and I've edited EVE_config.h to make it work with :
#ifndef EVE_DISPLAY_AVAILABLE
#define EVE_DISPLAY_AVAILABLE
#define DISPLAY_RESOLUTION_WQVGA //WVGA before
#endif

As you can see, when I export to eclipse project I must modify several files each time to compile successfully my project. It's borring... :-\
The other solution is to export outside my project and copy only modified files...

Regards.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Porting ESD4.8 project to renesas synergy platform
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 11:50:39 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, I will pass these onto the development team.

As for point 5, yes it is possible to display bitmaps on the BT81x without a connected NOR Flash IC. You can store the bitmap data on your MCUs flash and load these into RAM_G as desired (we normally recommend loading any graphics assists into RAM_G during your initialization sequence), please see the following:
AN 314 FT800 Advanced-Techniques Working-with-Bitmaps

Section 7 of the following application note also has some image examples where the image is loaded into RAM_G from the MCU:
BRT AN 014 - FT81X Simple PIC Library Examples

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »

I would like to fire a scroll animation of a panel for example from an event (slot?) since I've no screen touch on my device.
It is the same thing that bypass all touch events from touch panel with other event from external source in fact.
Is it possible? With which components?
Do you have an example?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 02:14:25 PM »

Hello,

Just to clarify are you trying to scroll a Scroll Layout/Scroll Switch Page Layout without any touch input?

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »

Yes it is ! Maybe the scroll layout is more appropriated for this?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 03:33:01 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, let me just double check with the developers the best way to achieve this.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »

Hello,

The development team got back to me regarding this.

In a case where the project has no touch and the user wants to control the UI, I may advise using a global variable to control the UI.  The update loop will monitor the global variable and the user event handler modifies the global variable. 

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
Your print screen resolution is bad so I don't see your UI example.

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »

sorry but ESD_GLOBAL macro is not defined in ESD 4.8...

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »

Hello,

Yes sorry, ESD_GLOBAL is defined in ESD 4.10 which is due for release in the coming days. I believe the website is being updated accordingly as we speak.

As for the screenshot, I have re-attached.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 11:53:32 AM »

Hello,

Recently, our R&D team developed a widget named “Signal switch” and which makes it possible to scroll switch widget without touch. 

This new “Signal Switch” widget  manages more than two “child” pages and users can connect the "child" pages with widgets through signals.  When the signal is triggered, the current page is switched out and next page will be switched in, without touch is involved at all.  To trigger the signal, it depends on the user.  It might be physical button, or a timer  etc.

Please see the project attached.  This new widget will be added into 4.12 as part of built-in library.  But you can use it a custom widget in 4.10 (which is now available on our website).

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »

Thanks for this reply. I'll try this soon.