Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: How to handling MPU interrupts into ESD 4.8  (Read 8110 times)

diego.barile

• View Profile
How to handling MPU interrupts into ESD 4.8
« on: November 09, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »

Hello everybody.

Inside one ESD 4.8 project I want to update a label showing date/time once a second.

My first attempt was to hook one "Update Signal" to a "user function" and then the function output to the label text property. Inside the function I read the CPU date/time registers and format them.
This is working fine but I don't like it a lot because is inefficient to continuously read and format the same string several times in the same second.

My CPU (NXP LPC1768) arises one HW tick every second. I would like to hook this interrupt routine to format the clock only once per second.
But it isn't clear to me how to invoke one "custom slot" (or any else widget) outside the EVE loop.

Can someone give me some tricks?
In attachment a picture showing the ESD blocks.

Thanks in advance.
Diego.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to handling MPU interrupts into ESD 4.8
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 10:53:55 AM »

Hello,

All the rendering and touch handling activities are processed in a periodically running thread.

To handle the interrupt from MPU/MCU, users shall introduce the interrupt handler and update
a global variable to capture the changes. When the GUI thread is scheduled, the UI will be rendered
according to the updated value in the global variable. 

Best Regards,
BRT Community