Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: ASTC viewer?  (Read 12163 times)

Rudolph

• View Profile
ASTC viewer?
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:24:03 AM »

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ASTC viewer?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:31:34 AM »

Hi Rudolph,

Thanks for your feedback. We'll discuss these points with our development team and get back to you on these.

Best Regards, BRT Community

Kaetemi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 05:38:42 PM »

You can get a preview of your images using EVE Screen Editor. Load the converted asset using Raw type, and set up and draw the bitmap as you would on hardware. It has a zoom function. :)

The blob in the flash contains a series of opcodes that control the SPI master when operating in fast reading mode. It also has some verification checksum in it, iirc. It does not seem to be documented, however. The unified blob should work with a large range of flash.

Rudolph

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »

Thanks for the tip!

It is a bit of work to set it up, especially since the screen editor keeps forgetting where it got the last picture from.
But it allows for a nice side-by-side comparision of the same image using different levels of compression.
So in a way, this is even better than a viewer.

And regarding the blob, I am asking because
a) one might want to use the flash functions of the BT81x and write to the flash directly
b) I wonder what happens if I change the 64MBit flash that comes pre-installed with a module to a bigger one

Kaetemi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 01:23:31 PM »

If the flash is blank, the coprocessor can attach it, but will not be able to enter fast mode. You'll be able to read and write to it through the coprocessor, but it will be limited to single channel mode, and will not work from the graphics pipeline. You may need to consult the datasheet of your flash to double check whether the basic commands follow the same de facto standard.

Once you write the firmware blob onto the flash, switching to fast mode should just work. If the unified blob doesn't work, you may want to check with support if they can provide one specific for your model.

Rudolph

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »

Well, yes, I know that I can not use the FLASH without the blob.
This is why I qouted CMD_FLASHFAST and came here to ask about it.  ;)