Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Atmel CTP Support  (Read 10699 times)

Qrenz

• View Profile
Atmel CTP Support
« on: April 06, 2021, 07:30:04 AM »

Hi, I just want to ask if BT815 or BT817 support ATMXT336T touch controller IC?
Will it work if we set the I2C address in REG_TOUCH_CONFIG to 0x40 for ATMXT336T ?
just like we set it to 0x5D for Goodix controller and 0x38 for Focaltech IC.

Thanks

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Atmel CTP Support
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 05:50:47 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately it would not be possible to utilise the ATMXT336T touch controller just by altering the I2C address in REG_TOUCH_CONFIG as this controller is not natively supported by EVE.

However a new feature in EVE Asset Builder allows for the compilation of custom touch firmware for unsupported devices (see attached screenshot). This can then be written to EVE to allow the use of your desired CTP.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Qrenz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 02:32:53 AM »

Hi, is this the same with using touch host mode where the host MCU connected to the touch controller IC and fetch the data to EVE?

Thanks

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 04:03:37 PM »

Hello,

No, this is not the same approach as utilising Touch Host mode.

The EAB Custom Touch tab enables the feature of compiling custom CTP firmware. You can write custom CTP firmware in C and use EAB to compile into a downloadable binary(blob). The output binary can then be downloaded into RAM_CMD to allow you to use your CTP which would be connected directly to the BT815/7.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Qrenz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 04:10:26 AM »

Hi,
is there application note/user manual/tutorial that describe this approach? I can't find it in the datasheet and the programming guide.

and I also want to ask is BT815/7 support ILITEK 2511 touch controller IC?

Thanks

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 11:38:21 AM »

Hello,

There is a readme file contained in EAB which covers the creation of the firmware. Unfortunately however I do not have a application note currently which covers uploading this to EVE, but I will chase the development team up for an example. I suspect this file has to be written to RAM_CMD during the initialization sequence.

And unfortunately no the BT815/7 does not natively support the IL2511, you would need to utilise touch host mode or a custom touch firmware file for this CTP.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 01:47:47 PM »

Hello,

The development team have confirmed that you would load the FW (.h file) into RAM_CMD and execute the commands till completion.
You can refer to section 6.7.2 of AN_336, for a similar example to load touch host mode FW.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Qrenz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 02:05:04 PM »

Hi,

in the EAB custom touch, it said that this custom touch that compile the tiny C language is BT817/8 support only.
Is this method require the CTP interface to be connected directly to host MCU or can just connect to BT817?

In the section 6.7.2 of AN_336, it's using host mode and require the CTP connected to host MCU, and it give example for FT801, FT811/813. While the new approach in the EAB support BT817/8 only. Is there any significant different?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 11:38:07 AM »

Hello,

When using the Custom Touch functionality with the BT815/7 you would connect the CTP directly to the EVE IC and not the MCU.

Sorry I should have clarified that the relevant points from section 6.7.2 of AN_336 are how to load the .h file into RAM_CMD, a similar approach can be used for the custom touch firmware generated in EAB for the BT815/7.

Best Regards,
BRT Community