Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Be aware where you install  (Read 8848 times)

scoprioprise

• View Profile
Be aware where you install
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:58:20 AM »

Hi everybody,
I'm facing a strange, where not fancy, behaviour of the Eclipse-for-FT9xx.
And I spotted is caused by the position of libraries.
If you install your eclipse in program files (x86), you will likely have the libraries put in a path like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bridgetek\FT9xx Toolchain\Toolchain\hardware\include

well, this is a administrative rights protected area (win 7 but every other newer) and you can be misleaded

I've imported a 2.5.0 library includes and source over a 2.3.2 library (and used git to keep the ability of switching back and forth)
But today I've stepped into the fact that what i thought it was a 2.5.0 library is "cached" somewhere and read as a 2.3.2 library.

I'm moving now the include path to see if anything changes.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Be aware where you install
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »

Hello,

This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next version of the FT9xx Toolchain:

The following folder interferes with the build.
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bridgetek\FT9xx Toolchain\Toolchain\hardware\include

When Eclipse is not run in administrator mode, the library source files under system directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)' cannot be modified form eclipse editor. But if you actually try modifying them, the files gets discreetly saved in C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bridgetek\FT9xx Toolchain\. Eclipse sees the files it changed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bridgetek\FT9xx Toolchain, but other applications like the Explorer will see only the unchanged file.

Possible Workaround for v2.5.0 release:
Delete the C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bridgetek upon installation of toolchain. But this will clear 'VirtualStore' folder only for that user username.

Please run Eclipse as an administrator to overcome any issues.

Also refer to BRT_TN_002 Modifying FT9xx API Functions when trying to override or modify local API code.

Best Regards,
BRT Community