Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Firmware flash issue on target board  (Read 6961 times)

mathieu

• View Profile
Firmware flash issue on target board
« on: September 13, 2021, 04:39:36 PM »

Hello the community,
I'm working on a project and we are using the FT913Q as a USB to SDIO/UART bridge attached to a USB bus on a Linux embedded device.
This bridge combines 'USBD Example BOMS to SDcard' and 'USBD Example CDCACM' projects.
The firmware I developed merging these two projects runs perfectly on the MM930LITE development board plugged to my Linux laptop.

However, when I try to flash the binary file on the target board with dfu-util, I'm blocked by some issues :
1. although the download happens without errors, when I reset the FT931Q (either by adding '-R' at the end of dfu-util command, or by manually triggering the RESETN pin), no firmware seems to be running. The chip seems to contain only the factory bootloader. Running dfu-util shows the following output (which is the same as before flashing):
Code: [Select]
# dfu-util -l
Found DFU: [0403:0fcf] ver=2300, devnum=2, cfg=1, intf=0, path="1-2", alt=0, name="UNKNOWN", serial="00000000"
2. on one board I managed to flash a firmware and unfortunately I can't reproduce it anymore (I can't reflash a firmware on the same board, nor flashing the same firmware on another board). But I'm facing a second issue. I can't communicate with an eMMC attached to the SDIO interface. The memory is detected (through Card Detect pin), there is a CLK and CMD signals, the eMMC is powered up, but the function 'sdhost_card_init()' fails and returns '1'

Have anyone faced similar issues ?
Also is the 32.768kHz clock required, or is it required only for RTC features ?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware flash issue on target board
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »

Hello Mathieu,

It would be best to contact support with an email so we can better assist you on this issue as there is quite a lot of information to send.

Please use this link to find the support team's email address: https://brtchip.com/contact-us/

Best regards,

BRT Community