Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: New User - Adding Custom Images to Flash with ESD  (Read 7019 times)

Duncan

• View Profile
New User - Adding Custom Images to Flash with ESD
« on: February 13, 2022, 08:45:27 PM »

Hi everyone!

I am a new user and am pretty new to C programming as well. I am looking to use the EVE Screen Designer software and the EVE3x-43G-IPS display (https://www.matrixorbital.com/eve3x-43g-ips) to create a UI for controlling linear actuators. I have been using the EVE2-USB2PSI-KIT-A to connect to the display.

I have been following some video tutorials (https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities/ESD3.XVideoTutorials.htm) and reading the EVE Screen Designer user guide to get a feel for the program and have been able to start creating the UI I want.

However, I have really run into a wall when trying to use the EVE Asset Designer to convert my custom .png files into a file that can be uploaded to the display's flash memory and then used in the display. I have attempted to read through different discussions on this forum and have read the EVE Asset Designer user guide without finding a simple enough tutorial for how to do this.

I was hoping someone might be able to provide a step by step process of how to accomplish this and possibly additional resources they found useful when beginning to learn to use EVE Screen Designer.

Thanks a ton in advance!

Darren

• View Profile
Re: New User - Adding Custom Images to Flash with ESD
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 11:12:27 AM »

Hi,

If your using ESD you can directly add your assets and select which are to be stored in Flash memory.

See ESD User Guide (BRT_AN_029) v1.3 p40 "Add Bitmap Resource"

ESD will build the required Flash binary when you build an executable (FT4222 / MPSSE) or export to Eclipse project which will require code in your final project to load into the displays flash memory, for devleopment purposes you can load the generated binary into the display using Eve Asset Builder after which run the generated .exe

See EAB User Guide (BRT_AN_054) v1.7 p22 "Program Flash"

Hope this helps.