Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Bitmap conversion  (Read 9371 times)

Geethanjali

• View Profile
Bitmap conversion
« on: June 21, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »

Hi,

I am using EVE Screen editor 4.0 how to convert images into bitmap also , How to create text box input in EVE Screen editor.

Thanks in Advance.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bitmap conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 03:53:50 PM »

Hello,

EVE Screen Editor has a built in asset convertor and bitmaps can be converted by adding them into the project via the 'content' tab on the left hand side of ESE. Please see the user guide for details:
https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Programming_Guides/Modules/EVE/BRT_AN_037_EVE%20Screen%20Editor%204.0%20User%20Guide.pdf

As for creating a text box input, unfortunately ESE does not generate dynamic screens or the logic to update a screen based upon user input. But for your end application I would suggest looking at utilising the CMD_TEXT command on your screen along with the CMD_KEYS widget for character input, you could dynamically update the text displayed via CMD_TEXT based on which keys the uses presses. Please see set_01.c in the main EVE sample applications for an example of the CMD_KEYS usage:
https://brtchip.com/SoftwareExamples-eve/#Sample_App

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Geethanjali

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 05:23:14 AM »

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to convert fonts and other graphical objects into bitmap? (In EVE Screen Editor)

Thanks in advance.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 12:22:53 PM »

Hello,

Please see the attached image.
You can "Add" any graphics assets you wish to utilise in ESE via the content pane on the left hand side.

Once added to the project these will be automatically converted for use with EVE, you can edit any conversion options in the 'Properties' tab for a given asset on the left hand side of ESE.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Geethanjali

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 06:21:29 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for that ,
for example If I have added few buttons in EVE Screen Editor, how will I try to communicate that with microcontroller?. If I have to load Bitmap , how to create bitmap for whatever I have designed in EVE Screen Editor to communicate with microcontroller.

Thanks in advance.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 03:45:32 PM »

Hello,

EVE Screen Editor is intended to be used to prototype display lists, it cannot be used to upload content to a microcontroller.

In general the idea is that you test a given display list in EVE Screen Editor, you can then utilise the same display list in the EVE Library you are using on your MCU.
Which type of MCU are you using? and have you chosen a library to use with this MCU or are you developing your own library?

In you need to generate any graphics assess such as a bitmap into an EVE readable format you can utilise our EVE Asset Builder utility:
https://brtchip.com/eve-toolchains/#EVEAssetBuilder

Best Regards,
BRT Community