Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: ESD image rotate widget not rotating?  (Read 15552 times)

Cyrilou

• View Profile
ESD image rotate widget not rotating?
« on: June 23, 2021, 03:10:52 PM »

Hi ,

I'm using this widget to rotate a PNG icon but when I update RotateAngle property it doesn't rotate.
Also, this widget is not described in documentation. Does it works?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ESD image rotate widget not rotating?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 01:54:36 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for the observation, I have tested this and can see similar behaviour.

I will contact the development team to see if they can confirm this bug.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 11:01:57 AM »

Hello,

I had had a deeper look at the code used to generate a rotated image in ESD and the value range for the RotateAngle field is -65536 -> 65536.
Which values were you testing?

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 11:11:06 AM »

ouch! I've tested values in degrees from 0 to 360... But name of this property is a little confusing.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »

Hello,

Don't worry about it, I made the same mistake!
I will see if we can get the documentation updated to make this more clear.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

chadpham75

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 09:44:01 AM »

Dear BRT Community,
May I ask if you know ESD 4.12 has the support for EVE3 BT815 product EVE3x‐43G from Matrix Orbital?  Last time I check ESD 4.10 didn't suport BT815.
Thank you

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »

Hello,

ESD 4.xx does include support for EVE3 and EVE4 modules, however it doesn't specifically support the EVE3x‐43G from Matrix Orbital.
If this display uses the same display settings as one of our development modules you should be able to utilise this platform, however the generated code may need modification if the display settings vary from any of the modules included by default in ESD.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 01:11:56 PM »

Hello,
I'm using matrix orbital EVE3-43G (without options) with ESD4.10. After some adaptations for my MCU hal, I export the eclipse project and it works well.

Regards

chadpham75

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 07:21:11 AM »

Hello,

ESD 4.xx does include support for EVE3 and EVE4 modules, however it doesn't specifically support the EVE3x‐43G from Matrix Orbital.
If this display uses the same display settings as one of our development modules you should be able to utilise this platform, however the generated code may need modification if the display settings vary from any of the modules included by default in ESD.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community,
I also looking for the information or the tutorial how to draw the partial circle to show the temperature, the progress of the task, the humidity etc... but I couldn't find any tutorial how to draw the partial circle.  The widgets offer the gauge but it is a complete circle and I would like to draw the interface at the same as this example link in the CES 2018 Smart Greenhouse Demonstration from Bridgetek.  Can you please help to point me to the information?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXu6LGbvnU

chadpham75

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 07:23:24 AM »

Hi Cyrilou,
Can you please elaborate more about the adaptations of your MCU hal? When you said you exported the eclipse project I think you are not using STM32 MCU.  Is that right?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 04:26:38 PM »

Hello,

I have looked into this and the project was not created in ESD

The gauge was drawn utilising a bitmap (for the gauge face) with an alpha channel for transparency. The gauge was filled utilising the stencilling functionality via the STENCL API command and several other lower level API commands such as POINTS and EDGE_STRIP_x.

Unfortunately there is no default widget in ESD which would provide such a gauge for you, however it should be possible to generate a custom widget to this effect. You can reference the source for the CircularSlider widget.

BRT Community,
I also looking for the information or the tutorial how to draw the partial circle to show the temperature, the progress of the task, the humidity etc... but I couldn't find any tutorial how to draw the partial circle.  The widgets offer the gauge but it is a complete circle and I would like to draw the interface at the same as this example link in the CES 2018 Smart Greenhouse Demonstration from Bridgetek.  Can you please help to point me to the information?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXu6LGbvnU

chadpham75

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 09:42:43 PM »

Hi BRT Community,
Thank you for you reply.  I want to confirm to see if I understand your comment correctly.  "You can reference the source for the CircularSlider widget." is this CircularSlider widget is available from ESD that I can review the source?
or is it from App Note?
Or is this a widget from EVE Screen Editor?
Thank you

Cyrilou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »

Hi Cyrilou,
Can you please elaborate more about the adaptations of your MCU hal? When you said you exported the eclipse project I think you are not using STM32 MCU.  Is that right?

Hi,
I work with renesas synergy MCU. I've edited EVE_HalImpl_xxx.c file to adapt SPI functions to hal drivers and EVE_LoadFile_xxx.c to load binary files from mcu flash.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 11:08:13 AM »

Hello,

Hi BRT Community,
Thank you for you reply.  I want to confirm to see if I understand your comment correctly.  "You can reference the source for the CircularSlider widget." is this CircularSlider widget is available from ESD that I can review the source?
or is it from App Note?
Or is this a widget from EVE Screen Editor?
Thank you

The widget is included in EVE Screen Designer, and its source can be viewed from the project tab (see attached image).

Best Regards,
BRT Community