General Category > New Member Introductions

New on the community, very interested in EVE

(1/2) > >>

karst.drenth:
Hi All,

My name is Karst Drenth, working at Drenth Design & Consulting BV in the Netherlands.
The company offers design, development and consulting for the the model railroad industry. All three activities on Electronics, Model construction, Prototype Investigation and 3D Drawing.

My application of EVE will be using Atmel SAMD21 as MCU and BT815 as an EVE to create touch screen throttle and turnout controllers.

I intend to use EVE Screen Designer in combination with my home-brewed micro-kernel for ATSAMD21 devices, so my customer easily can extend the product ( by simply using the EVE SD ) once development is finished.

Greetz,
Karst

BRT Community Admin:
Welcome to the Community.

We will be very interested to hear further details of your EVE projects.

best regards

BRT Community Admin

Rudolph:

--- Quote from: karst.drenth on November 19, 2021, 11:17:48 AM ---My application of EVE will be using Atmel SAMD21 as MCU and BT815
I intend to use EVE Screen Designer in combination with my home-brewed micro-kernel for ATSAMD21 devices

--- End quote ---

Interesting.
I never really used ESD though, this is just not my cup of tea and I started my own library a couple of years ago.

I am mostly using ATSAMC21 and ATSAME51 currently and these practically have the same SERCOM units as the ATSAMD21.
At least this should provide some inspiration: https://github.com/RudolphRiedel/FT800-FT813
And I believe I have a ATSAMD21 based board lying around somewhere.

karst.drenth:
Hi Rudolph,

Thanks for your reply,

I already managed to set my board up with you library ;)

"All" I had to do is make my own Arduino-SAMD variant...

So affirm: ATSAMD21G18 working with your lib (y)

Now next stop is integrating ESD output....

Greets,
Karst

karst.drenth:
Hi all,

I really like your work Rudolph  8) very good !

Below as a video I made of my new device :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/teS-e2y24jo

Just needed a couple of hours digging around in your (sample) code and I could easily make this nice looking demo ! ( which I designed before in ESD, just copied the coordinates and sizes )

Greets,
Karst

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version