Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: BT815 RGB-to-MIPI Converter and alternatives  (Read 6178 times)

Jonathan

• View Profile
BT815 RGB-to-MIPI Converter and alternatives
« on: March 22, 2022, 03:22:32 PM »

Hey,

I am developing a small system which includes an 5 inch display with 800x480 resolution and based on a BT815. So my setup looks something like that:
MCU <-> BT815 <-> Display/Touchscreen
Now I am thinking about bigger displays with higher resolutions. So one way is to get an BT817, which can handle these resolutions. But would it also be possible to get an RGB-to-MIPI bridge an control higher resolutions? If yes, this would be a valid way to control for example 1080p displays with an BT815 which would be great.

On the other hand I am wondering how other MCUs are working like the stm32 ones. There are controllers, which have a MIPI interface directly. But I can not find display-controllers like the BT815 with MIPI interface and also no ready-to-use modules. Why is that so? Is it more common for tablets and stuff to have just a big MCU which can handle high resolution displays and not to split it up into a smaller MCU and a separate graphics controller?

Best
Jonathan