Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EVE Screen Editor Troubleshooting (With STM32 Dev Board and Riverdi 7" BT817Q)  (Read 22707 times)

macioknor

• View Profile

Dear BRT community,
I was able to run the project on my side and my own designs are also working fine, thanks a lot for supporting me :)

I have some questions :
1. There is a possibility to zoom in/expand  the logic nodes in the logic nodes editor because now I have the situation like below:

So the names of parameters are not fully visible, I can see the start of names and dots.

2. I have an issue with adding the image/bitmap. I want to store the image in my MCU flash/ram memory, so what should I select to achieve this in generating code?
a) I did the test via Eve screen editor and it works fine:

Gpu_Hal_WrCmd32(phost, CMD_INFLATE);
   Gpu_Hal_WrCmd32(phost, RAM_IMAGES_LOGO230);
   Gpu_Hal_WrCmdBuf(phost, images_logo230, sizeof(images_logo230));
   Gpu_CoCmd_FlashFast(phost, 0);
   Gpu_CoCmd_Dlstart(phost);

App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, CLEAR_COLOR_RGB(255, 255, 255));
   App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, CLEAR(1, 1, 1));
   Gpu_CoCmd_BgColor(phost, 0xFFFFFF);
   Gpu_CoCmd_FgColor(phost, 0xFFFFFF);
   App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, BITMAP_HANDLE(0));
   Gpu_CoCmd_SetBitmap(phost, 0, ARGB1555, 230, 293);
   App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, BEGIN(BITMAPS));
   App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, VERTEX2F(4704, 1280));
   App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, END());

App_WrCoCmd_Buffer(phost, DISPLAY());
   //swap the current display list with the new display list
   Gpu_CoCmd_Swap(phost);
   App_Flush_Co_Buffer(phost);
   Gpu_Hal_WaitCmdfifo_empty(phost);

b) I was trying to add only the array with image (array generating from point a) and link the array address in the struct object like this:
Ft_Esd_BitmapInfo logo230__Info = {
   .Width = 230,
   .Height = 293,
   .Format = ARGB1555,
   .Stride = 460,
   .Size = 134780,
   .File = images_logo230,
   .GpuHandle = {
      .Id = MAX_NUM_ALLOCATIONS,
      .Seq = 0
   },
   .BitmapHandle = ~0,
   .AdditionalFile = 0,
   .AdditionalInfo = 0,
   .PaletteFile = 0,
   .PaletteGpuHandle = {
      .Id = MAX_NUM_ALLOCATIONS,
      .Seq = 0
   },
   .Cells = 1,
   .Compressed = 1,
   .Persistent = 0,
   .Flash = 0,
   .PreferRam = 0,
   .CoLoad = 0,
};
and next, I am expecting that the image should be copied to RAM GPU via this function Esd_LoadBitmap? But this is not working.

When I used this kind of functions :
bool EVE_Util_loadInflateFile(EVE_HalContext *phost, uint32_t address,
      const char *filename)
{
      Gpu_Hal_WrCmd32(phost, CMD_INFLATE);
      Gpu_Hal_WrCmd32(phost, RAM_IMAGES_LOGO230);
      Gpu_Hal_WrCmdBuf(phost, images_logo230, sizeof(images_logo230));
      Gpu_CoCmd_FlashFast(phost, 0);
      return true;
}
;

it looks like it is working fine.

3. Calibrate for touch needs to be invoked every time in the new power cycle?  Or one it is enough and next the values are storing in the persistency?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 03:14:54 PM by macioknor »

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Hello,

Thank you for your questions:

1) resizing the logic nodes is currently not a feature in ESD, you can however view all of the node associated properties if you selected it and view the properties tab in the bottom right on the ESD window. I will suggest this as a feature to the development team.

2) Could you clarify if you wish to store these images on a connected flash IC/card on your MCU? or is it sufficient to store these in the program memory? The EVE_LoadFile_FATFS.c and EVE_LoadFile_STDIO.c files may be useful in the former case if you require to load data from flash connected to your MCU. See the EVE_Util_loadRawFile function in the latter.

3) By default yes the touch calibration routine will be run on every power cycle, however if you wish you can run the routine once, store the values captured and use these to update the REG_TOUCH_TRANSFORM_A-F accordingly during intilization.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

macioknor

• View Profile

Hello,

Thank you for your questions:

1) resizing the logic nodes is currently not a feature in ESD, you can however view all of the node associated properties if you selected it and view the properties tab in the bottom right on the ESD window. I will suggest this as a feature to the development team.

2) Could you clarify if you wish to store these images on a connected flash IC/card on your MCU? or is it sufficient to store these in the program memory? The EVE_LoadFile_FATFS.c and EVE_LoadFile_STDIO.c files may be useful in the former case if you require to load data from flash connected to your MCU. See the EVE_Util_loadRawFile function in the latter.

3) By default yes the touch calibration routine will be run on every power cycle, however if you wish you can run the routine once, store the values captured and use these to update the REG_TOUCH_TRANSFORM_A-F accordingly during intilization.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Hi,
Ad1. I am able now to read the whole name, thanks.
Ad2. I would like to store it in MCU program memory, so I should use EVE_Util_loadRawFile  yes? Should I somehow change the option for the image widget in the EVE tool?
Ad3. I was disabled the calib routine and also the touch is working fine on my side, it means that the screen has some default values already stored during production? And it can be sufficient?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Hello,

Hi,
Ad1. I am able now to read the whole name, thanks.
Ad2. I would like to store it in MCU program memory, so I should use EVE_Util_loadRawFile  yes? Should I somehow change the option for the image widget in the EVE tool?
Ad3. I was disabled the calib routine and also the touch is working fine on my side, it means that the screen has some default values already stored during production? And it can be sufficient?

For 2), by default if an image is not selected to be included as a flash asset (EVE attached flash) it will be generated as a data array in either a .h or .c file in the ESD output, and therefore should be in the program memory of the MCU. is this not the case in your expected project?

For 3) Defaults are not stored in the IC during production, and calibration values can vary from screen to screen, so it is recommended to run the calibration routine at least once per given screen. After which you can include an option for uses to re-calibrate the screen if needed.

Best Regards,
BRT Community
Pages: 1 [2]