Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: ESD (4.14.0 / 4.15.0) Bug - WASAPI Buffer Error  (Read 6619 times)

Darren

• View Profile
ESD (4.14.0 / 4.15.0) Bug - WASAPI Buffer Error
« on: April 21, 2022, 08:13:05 AM »

Hello Community,

There appears to be a BUG within ESD experienced both in 4.14.0 & 4.15.0 in that if a project is open and ESD is not used for a period of time or Win10 PC is locked upon accessing ESD again multiple "WASAPI Buffer" errors appear continually in the error window which ultimately leads to ESD 'not responding' and finally crashing :(

If the read online information is correct this appears to be related to an Audio Buffer size (no audio used within project), is it possible to modify this in one of ESD's configuration files or runtime switch to avoid such errors until such time as BT are able to investigate and resolve?

Screenshot included of error message's.

Your experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ESD (4.14.0 / 4.15.0) Bug - WASAPI Buffer Error
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 03:35:33 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your post, unfortunately there isn't any setting available which would allow you to alter the Audio Buffer settings in ESD.
I suspect this issue is related to the emulator in ESD for utilizing audio playback via the PC, do you have any advice on reproduction of this issue?
For example should i open a project and then wait 10 minutes? or will a simple lock and unlock of the PC recreate this behavior?

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Darren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 02:09:08 PM »

Hello Community,

The prominent scenario on my system appears to be if ESD is open with a project loaded and multiple pages open then the host PC is locked and left for an unmeasured time, upon return and attempt to use ESD either the WASAPI error messages are shown then ESD freezes and ultimately crashes or ESD simply does not respond which leads to the not responding title message and crash.

I have also had scenario's where ESD has been open in the background (with open project) and upon re focus to ESD after other activity (Web, Email, STM32CubeIDE etc) ESD suffers a freeze and crash as above.

Apologies the information is not more specific as I have not been able to spend any significant amount of time testing the various scenarios that lead to the issue other than as stated.

Kind Regards
Darren

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 04:47:33 PM »

Hello Darren,

Thank you for the update, I appreciate this may be an issue where it is tricky to definitively narrow down a set of steps for reproduction.

I have tried to reproduce this behaviour, but haven't had any luck as of yet. Just out of curiosity can you reproduce this error on multiple machines?
In any case i will make a bug report to the developers on this issue.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Kaetemi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 06:34:40 AM »

As an immediate temporary workaround, you can disable audio by adding the following line in EVE_HalImpl_BT8XXEMU.c function EVE_HalImpl_open, right before the line phost->EmulatorParameters = params;.
Code: [Select]
params->Flags &= (~BT8XXEMU_EmulatorEnableAudio);

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 10:50:31 AM »

Hello,

The development team have updated to note they have previously noticed this issue and are currently debugging to establish its root cause.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Darren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2022, 11:37:32 PM »

@Kaetemi

Many Thanks for the suggestion, I have inserted the supplied code and will monitor for future instances (hopefully no more  ;))

@BRT Community

Many thanks for the update and hopefully an offical resolve can be found and implemented.

Kind Regards
Darren