Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 5" EVE Touchscreen Display  (Read 12401 times)

Shchivone

• View Profile
Re: 5" EVE Touchscreen Display
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 06:01:40 PM »

You must specify the exact TFT you have, since those time tables come in your datasheet. Although the graphics chip is an EVEx, the screen used by the manufacturer has its own vertical and horizontal synchronization parameters, for that reason they must be added to the library. As Rudolph points out, he has been able to work with many variants of EVEx displays, but experience dictates that each display has specific parameters to make it work.

As the seeeduino board you have compiles without errors the code exported from ESE to gameduino, it will only be enough to add that time table to the ccp file of the library.

Share the link to the exact variant of your screen, from there you can review the datasheet to obtain the specific time tables.

I have a FT813 with a Arduino Mega 2560 controller now and I'm trying to use it with the gameduino library. It complies and it's able to upload but once I power it up it flashes for like half a second then goes back to a blank screen. I got the correct timings from the data sheet and it should be working. I'll screenshot my code below, can you tell me what I did wrong.

TFTLCDCyg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2022, 04:19:58 AM »

I have noticed when connecting screens like the FT813, on AVR boards like the MEGA, the 3.3V regulator turns out to be not so efficient, from 5" the power demand by the backlight begins to make the MCU suffer. I have seen that screens like the FT813-5" or the FT813-7" from Riverdi behave erratically and sometimes disconnect the arduino MEGA from the PC. The original library for gameduino 23X is designed to take full advantage of AVR boards, but using selected screens for its low consumption.

The boards that have turned out to be the most stable so far are: teensy 3.6, teensy 4, teensy 4.1, black STM32F407VG, black F411CE, even the bluePill F103CB performed very well. In all of them it is convenient to power the backlight through an independent USB line, if possible, a USB-C adapter can be used, with the idea of ​​being able to use a USB cable of this type

MicroUSB to USB-C

NHD 7" on teensy 4.1

I can test with a teensy 3.2, which fails with a 4.3" FT813 NHD screen, when I connect the backlight to the teensy, I plan to spring a section of a microUSB cable and install a USB-C adapter, with the idea of ​​powering the backlight and teensy 3.2 with a single USB-C cable. As soon as I get the missing parts I share the result, I trust it will work based on the result with the 7" NHD screen.

Cross your fingers

Rudolph

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 05:01:03 PM »

I am using an adapter with a switching regulator for my tests with all kind of breadboards.
https://github.com/RudolphRiedel/EVE_display-adapter/tree/master/L-D5019-08

This is for a supply voltage of 5V to 18V (depending on the regulator) and the voltage
for I/O and backlight is about 3.35V - deliberately a little over 3.3V.

The only challenging part is the FFC connector as it has 0.5 mm pitch.

In regards of the biggest displays that I have connected, I am using the single supply 3.3V version with EVE2-70G and EVE3-70G.

I designed a PCB with two switching regulators specifically for the RVT101HVBNWC00-B as it needs 7V to 12V for the backlight.
This PCB somehow barely also fits mechanically at the back of the RVT70HSBNWC00-B for which I changed the backlight supply to 5V.
Pages: 1 [2]