Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: EVE Asset Builder 2.10.2  (Read 13069 times)

Rudolph

• View Profile
EVE Asset Builder 2.10.2
« on: October 13, 2023, 06:39:19 PM »

I just found that EAB 2.10.0 was released.

I went across it, converted images, verified images, converted a font, put that font in a flash container, packed that flash container with the asset compressor, converted the resulting .zopfli file with the BIN2C tool.
And this went very smoothly. :-)

I found one small issue though.
When converting fonts, the "Input Character:" file selection gets cleared every time a new font is selected.

Edit: just found 2.10.1 and the bug is still in while this post is still missing approval.
Edit2: and I just found 2.10.2 which is dated 2023-11-10.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 06:02:33 PM by Rudolph »

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Asset Builder 2.10.1
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 04:59:03 PM »

Hello Rudolph,

Thank you for your post!

I have been looking into this and the behaviour you are noting is apparent, though I believe this may be related to EAB calculating the applicable Unicode blocks for a given input font, and as such is an indication that you may want to review the input character set as the new font might not these characters.

In any case I will liaise with the development team on this point to see if we can make some updates for the next EAB revision.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Rudolph

• View Profile
Re: EVE Asset Builder 2.10.1
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 06:43:44 PM »

I have been looking into this and the behaviour you are noting is apparent, though I believe this may be related to EAB calculating the applicable Unicode blocks for a given input font, and as such is an indication that you may want to review the input character set as the new font might not these characters.

Well, the "Input Character" file is there to limit the glyphs of a font to the desired subset, not to wish glyphs into existing. :-)
So I would say that is more likely that someone needs to convert a bunch of different fonts to the same subset of glyphs as it is
that the different fonts need to be converted for different sets of glyphs.
And even when someone needs to change the "Input Character" file for every font, this does not require any more clicks than with the current implementation while everyone who does not need to change the "Input Character" file must select the same file again and again.

Even only browsing thru fonts to find one that has all the glyphs needed for the selected set or looks ok for the selected set is
a tiny bit more cumbersome now.

And yeah, I am having fun here "complaining" over this first-world useability issue as I have not found anything more serious so far - good job! :-)

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Asset Builder 2.10.2
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 11:00:32 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for your input.

There has been an update from the development team on this point, and they are going to make a change in the next version of EAB which should prevent the input character file from resetting if the input font has changed.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Rudolph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 08:12:36 PM »

Well now, EAB 2.11.0 is out and it clears the Input Character file when you change fonts.
L8 is still selected when going for extended format, "Reserve Space" is still not selected by default and ASTC 4x4 is still the default.

And it still generates the 7.4MB "SampleApp" everytime.
At least there is a way to stop this, rename C:\Users\Public\Documents\EVE Asset Builder\tools\SampleApp

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 09:40:37 AM »

Hi Rudolph,

Yes, 2.11.0 is now out,

We were not able to make some other changes in time for this one but rest assured your suggestions are with the R&D team for future consideration,

Best Regards, BRT Community