Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: BT816 - Resistive Touch Threshold  (Read 9895 times)

darkjezter

• View Profile
BT816 - Resistive Touch Threshold
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:42 PM »

I'm currently digging into the resistive touch support of the 816 series and having an issue with the REG_TOUCH_RZTHRESH setting.

No matter what I set this threshold to, the EVE is still reporting all touches even for cases where REG_TOUCH_RZ reports a value larger than the set threshold.  This includes REG_SCREEN_XY, REG_TOUCH_TAG_XY, REG_TOUCH_TAG, REG_TOUCH_RAW_XY, etc.

The address I'm getting for this register from the doc is 0x302118, and I've tried reverting all touch-related configuration to default in trying to get this setting to work.  The only setting I haven't changed back to default is REG_TOUCH_MODE which I currently need to be set to 2 (frame mode)  I've also attempted setting the threshold earlier in the power-on initialization process to no avail.

I've read of other people's success using this setting to adjust the sensitivity, but am coming up with nothing myself.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

darkjezter

• View Profile
Re: BT816 - Resistive Touch Threshold
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

Sure enough... after decoupling the display and touch timing in my own code, changing the touch mode to continuous does now show the threshold being enforced.

Any reason this appears not to work when running touch in frame mode?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BT816 - Resistive Touch Threshold
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »

Hello,

The development team have confirmed that REG_TOUCH_RZTHRESH only applies in continuous mode.

Best Regards,
BRT Community