Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: BT815 Camera with STM32  (Read 12158 times)

gokhannsahin

• View Profile
BT815 Camera with STM32
« on: January 16, 2019, 12:20:04 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm using BT815 and need to display a camera on it. I read your FT91x camera application note and ordered the OV5640.
All settings were set in your example and I can see all signals, also, get the HAL_DCMI_VsyncEventCallback, HAL_DCMI_LineEventCallback interrupt callback after started the transfer.
Another example different from yours it can get full data and its data seems meaningful.
However, with your example I can't get any data the buffer, it's always empty.
I start the DCMI module with that command HAL_DCMI_Start_DMA(&hdcmi, DCMI_MODE_CONTINUOUS, (uint32_t)buffer, 512);
What's the DMA buffer length for BT815 to display camera? Could you give me an example of using a camera with STM32 or any ARM MCU?  :) :)

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BT815 Camera with STM32
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 11:46:08 AM »

Hi Gokhan,

Our camera examples are currently for the FT90x series MCUs and so may not work directly with other MCUs as their camera interface may be different. The EVE part of the code can certainly be ported over however. We have an STM32 example for the FT81x which you could use as a starting point.

We have an example below of camera to FT81x which could be ported to other MCUs but the camera part of the code would require some modification.
https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Application_Notes/ICs/MCU/BRT_AN_018-FT90x-Camera-to-EVE.pdf

The method of displaying depends on the camera and image format. In the demo above the frames are sent to EVE as a series of images as they are coming in real time from the camera and so the MCU would provide any buffering required.

Best Regards, BRT Community