Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: How to bring external data into the EVE Framework Logic system?  (Read 7796 times)

qwerty100

• View Profile
How to bring external data into the EVE Framework Logic system?
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:19:36 PM »

I'm using Eve Screen Designer 4.6 (on an FT810) and have the system integrated into my own embedded CPU setup. The Framework is running as a FreeRTOS task. I have other tasks managing a range of sensors and I want to reflect the sensor data onto the GUI.

I can display the widgets, create internal time based animations via the GetMilliseconds node, and using a custom User Function, pass output data to the rest of my system.

What I'm struggling with is how to bring external sensor data INTO the framework. The examples are very much stand alone I've not found a case where this is shown.

I'm assuming on an Update, I'd somehow call a user function that reads the values I wish to display, sets these to "Variables" and after that I'm OK with getting them rendered.

Alternatively the generated code provides a PageName__Set_VaiableName__ESD() call but these are only valid during simulation and not exported. It also requires knowledge on the context pointer which I'm guessing should not be used outside of the framework internals?

Can someone please provide an example or explain the correct way I should do this.

Many Thanks.

scoprioprise

• View Profile
Re: How to bring external data into the EVE Framework Logic system?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:40:02 PM »

Hi qwerty100,
I faced the very same problem, but I based all exporting the EVE project, not using freeRTOS.
I've posted into  http://www.ftdicommunity.com/index.php?topic=146.msg541#msg541 , it's a "hacked" way of doing this....
Hope this helps

qwerty100

• View Profile
Re: How to bring external data into the EVE Framework Logic system?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »

@scoprioprise

I was finally able to get something working. I started a new clean project and was able to get my external data to display using the following method.

Create a custom function such as

Code: [Select]
static int my_val;
ESD_FUNCTION(ReadValue, Type = int )
ESD_PARAMETER(val, Type = int)
int ReadValue(int val)
{
        // update my_val in your own custom way
my_val++;
return my_val;
}

In this i just increment a value but you can inside of this call something external like int GetMySensorData().

The trick is to link this to your widget (I attached the logic view). You'll need a new function for each value you want to represent.

Once you've done this (I think) the function is called whenever the framework requires the widget value. Its therefore important the call completes quickly, eg just call the getter on a variable. just replace the sample ++ with your GetMySensorData() and return the value.

Whats odd is that I had tried this previously on my original EVE project but didnt seem to get anywhere? hence i got more and more confused?
Whats even more odd is my VM810 devkit has completely died today, fails to read the CHIPID and reset value registers??? I just get zero whatever I do....