Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Best way to manage many dynamic objects  (Read 7608 times)

qwerty100

• View Profile
Best way to manage many dynamic objects
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:47:01 PM »

I'm new to ESD and I'm looking for advice to create a display something like a radar display, where i need place between 0 and N spots on the screen and position and render these according to incoming data from an external source unrelated to Eve Code.

Each spot is independent from the others. I can kind of achieve this by creating a fixed number of ESDCircle widgets offscreen and linking each independently with their own unique  ESD_FUNCTION as shown in the attached pic

However this feels very inefficient as I need 6 unique functions for each of my N spots.

Is there are more effective/efficient way of achieving this result?

Is there any way of defining an array of widgets? If so how is indexing determined?
Within an ESD based project, can I dynamically add and manage widgets through external code?
Can I create a custom ESD_FUNCTION that would set all my parameters in one call? (valid,x,y,w,h,col)

Thanks in advance

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to manage many dynamic objects
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »

Hello,

Thanks for your question, I have referred this to the development team who are better suited to answering your queries.

In the meantime the user guide can be found here:
https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Programming_Guides/Modules/EVE/ESD-User-Guide-4.8.pdf

Best Regards,
BRT Community

pauljiao

• View Profile
Re: Best way to manage many dynamic objects
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 09:33:49 AM »

For widget creating in dynamic way,  you may find the reference code in "Examples\Intermediate\ScrollPanel" under installation folder.  Open the project and see
the code in MainPage.c.