Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BRT_AN_025 Beta - Portable MCU library for EVE  (Read 28681 times)

korstiaan

• View Profile
Re: BRT_AN_025 Beta - Portable MCU library for EVE
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »

Hi,

I reduced my whole code to:

Code: [Select]
    EVE_LIB_BeginCoProList();
    EVE_CMD_DLSTART();
    EVE_CLEAR_COLOR_RGB(0, 0, 0);
    EVE_CLEAR(1, 1, 1);
    EVE_COLOR_RGB(255, 255, 255);
    EVE_BITMAP_SOURCE(uStartAddressLogo300x300);
    EVE_CMD_SETBITMAP(uStartAddressLogo300x300, EVE_FORMAT_RGB565, 300, 300);
    EVE_BEGIN(EVE_BEGIN_BITMAPS);
    EVE_VERTEX2F(currentx * 16, currenty * 16);
    EVE_END();
    EVE_DISPLAY();
    EVE_CMD_SWAP();
    EVE_LIB_EndCoProList();
    EVE_LIB_AwaitCoProEmpty();

And this I execute continuously.
And even this small display list gives problems.
I changed my code for HAL_WaitCmdFifoEmpty to

Code: [Select]
uint8_t HAL_WaitCmdFifoEmpty(void) {
    uint32_t readCmdPointer;
    uint8_t retry = 0;

// Wait until the two registers match
    do {
        // Read the graphics processor read pointer
        readCmdPointer = HAL_MemRead32(EVE_REG_CMD_READ);
        retry++;

} while ((writeCmdPointer != readCmdPointer) && (readCmdPointer != 0xFFF) && (retry < 250));

if (retry == 250) {
        printf("retry HAL_WaitCmdFifoEmpty");
    }

if (readCmdPointer == 0xFFF) {
        // Return 0xFF if an error occurred
        return 0xFF;
    } else {
        // Return 0 if pointers became equal successfully
        return 0;
    }
}

And I get now and then this retry HAL_WaitCmdFifoEmpty about 10-15 times every time it comes.
Also, when I let I ran al night, the display was frozen in the morning.

Something must be wrong in this library and I don't know what.
It causes the display to block/freeze. (a while loop that won't exit, like the one I already edited or it blocks)

Please help.

nar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 07:25:15 PM »

We are evaluating BT81x for a new project.   Where can we find this library & AN?   

The official links online found here https://brtchip.com/softwareexamples-eve/ return not found.   
Both AN and Source are dead end.  Also BRT_AN_062 links are not found.     We are looking for both BRT_AN_025 &  BRT_AN_062

We have emailed support.us, support.apac & support.emea for 10 days and no reply from any!!  (very assuring!  ???)

We know there is a 3rd-party library out there but per contract, evaluation needs to use original manufacturing toolchain fully before attempting to use external sources.

Thanks
NAR

Hi,

We have a new beta version of a framework for EVE which is designed to be portable across a range of different MCUs. The download includes projects for the following MCUs but you can also use it as the basis of your code on other platforms too.

- BridgeTek FT900
- ST STM32
- Microchip PIC18F
- Espressif ESP32
- TI MSP430
- BeagleBone
- Raspberry Pi

The code currently supports the FT80x and FT81x families of EVE.

Here are the draft document and the beta code project download links:

BRT_AN_025_FT8xx_Portable_MCU_Library_DRAFT.pdf
BRT_AN_025_Source_BETA.zip
(Note: The link in the pdf file for the source code download is not yet active but you can download the code via the link above)

The beta document and code are supplied on an as-is basis and are not guaranteed by BridgeTek.

Coming soon...
- We have almost finished adding the BT81x support to the code and this will be released as an update soon
- We also have a separate application note showing how to port this code to other MCUs, using an NXP K64 as an example.
- We will also be creating further code examples in future using the framework provided in BRT_AN_025

We hope this code helps to get you up and running with EVE on your own MCU. If you have any feedback or questions then please get in touch via support.emea@brtchip.com quoting "BRT_AN_025 feedback" in the email subject.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2021, 12:01:26 PM »

Hello Nar,

Thank you for your post.

Just as a note, if you email all three of the support emails address at the same time our spam filter is likely to block the email, in future please support.emea only for any EVE related questions.

Could you please let me know which MCU you are planning on utilizing for your project?
We have split the BRT_AN_025 project into separate folders so that it is easier to distribute to customers.

We are evaluating BT81x for a new project.   Where can we find this library & AN?   

The official links online found here https://brtchip.com/softwareexamples-eve/ return not found.   
Both AN and Source are dead end.  Also BRT_AN_062 links are not found.     We are looking for both BRT_AN_025 &  BRT_AN_062

We have emailed support.us, support.apac & support.emea for 10 days and no reply from any!!  (very assuring!  ???)

We know there is a 3rd-party library out there but per contract, evaluation needs to use original manufacturing toolchain fully before attempting to use external sources.

Thanks
NAR

Best Regards,
BRT Community

nar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »

Thanks.  Not all at the same time.   I think .apac first then 5 days later .emea

Can you please send us the section regarding EVE3/EVE4 & ESP32 (ESP-IDF core)  We are probably going to develop our own library as commands for slaves screens are going to be sent via an external transport protocol so getting your initial ESP32 support even if not complete for BT81x will be helpful.   I see the link for the BETA mentioned before is also not working.  That BETA would be helpful as well.

Thanks
NAR

Hello Nar,

Thank you for your post.

Just as a note, if you email all three of the support emails address at the same time our spam filter is likely to block the email, in future please support.emea only for any EVE related questions.

Could you please let me know which MCU you are planning on utilizing for your project?
We have split the BRT_AN_025 project into separate folders so that it is easier to distribute to customers.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Jonathan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2022, 01:51:52 PM »

Hey,

I would be also interested in the section about EVE3/EVE4 & ESP32 (ESP-IDF core). Could you please send me these files?
We are working with FreeRTOS, since the esp-idf is build on that. So I found this AN:

BRT_AN_073 - ESD 4.10 Exported Project Porting Guide for STM32L4 Discovery Board and FreeRTOS https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/02/BRT_AN_073-ESD4.10.pdf

If i get this correct there is a way to set up the Screen Designer and my project to work together, thus I create my GUI in the designer and can compile it from the esp-idf, right?

Best
Jonathan

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2022, 11:17:44 AM »

Hello,

You can find the BRT_AN_025 source at the following, this includes support for the EVE3/4 series of ICs:
https://github.com/Bridgetek/EVE-MCU-BRT_AN_025

The ESP32 specific files can be found here:
https://github.com/Bridgetek/EVE-MCU-BRT_AN_025-Example-ESP32

Hey,

I would be also interested in the section about EVE3/EVE4 & ESP32 (ESP-IDF core). Could you please send me these files?
We are working with FreeRTOS, since the esp-idf is build on that. So I found this AN:

Note: The BRT_AN_025 library is a low level library and is not compatible with EVE Screen Designer or its code output.
If you wish to utilise the BRT_AN_025 library you should utilise the EVE Screen Editor utility to prototype static screens and can refer to our main MSVC examples for code examples.

BRT_AN_073 - ESD 4.10 Exported Project Porting Guide for STM32L4 Discovery Board and FreeRTOS https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/02/BRT_AN_073-ESD4.10.pdf

If i get this correct there is a way to set up the Screen Designer and my project to work together, thus I create my GUI in the designer and can compile it from the esp-idf, right?

This is correct, if you wish to use a visual programming method in your development, instead of a lower level code approach you can utilise EVE Screen Designer and port/compile its output in the esp-idf.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Jonathan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2022, 01:52:10 PM »

Thank you very much! This helps a lot!

I think there is no application note on how to port a screen designer project to the esp-idf like the one for stm32, right?

Best
Jonathan

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2022, 02:51:26 PM »

Hello,

No unfortunately BRT_AN_073 is the only porting guide we have, however this is meant to be an example of how you would port the code to a different environment, in general the same principles will apply for porting code to esd-idf.

Best Regards,
BRT Community
Pages: 1 [2]