Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: BT815 with Capacitive ST1633  (Read 6618 times)

glococo

• View Profile
BT815 with Capacitive ST1633
« on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

I was trying to interface my custom board with integrated bt815 to a capacitive touch display ph480272t009-iaf01.
However I found out that i2c seems to not work. I can't make it read one touch.
i2c st1633 address is 0x55 and the only way to read something from it ( 0 or 255) is setting the "supress 300ms" bit in REG_TOUCH_CONFIG.

REG_TOUCH_CONFIG= 0x550 | 0x4

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me since we already manufactured many boards.

Thanks in advance.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BT815 with Capacitive ST1633
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 03:44:12 PM »

Hi,

I'm afraid that only the CTP listed in AN_336 below will work with EVE (in some cases others which have identical I2C protocol and registers to the supported ones may also work but some of these even have very subtle differences)

https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Application_Notes/ICs/EVE/AN_336_FT8xx-Selecting-an-LCD-Display.pdf

If you are not able to use a screen which has a CTP which is supported, you may also be able to use the Touch Host mode mentioned in AN_336 where your MCU connects to the CTP, and takes readings and writes them back to registers on EVE over the usual SPI link. That way you can support a wider range of CTP as your MCU can account for any differences in I2C protocol.

Best Regards,
BRT Community