Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: TFT Touch Panel (Portrait, 480x800px, 4-5")  (Read 6211 times)

streetec

• View Profile
TFT Touch Panel (Portrait, 480x800px, 4-5")
« on: September 30, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »

Hello,
I am currently working on a project, I would like to create an HMI for.

I've done my first steps with an NHD 4.3" 800x480px FT813 powered display and have to say, that I am fascinated by the capability of this chip.

Therefore I would like to stick to the Bridgetek EVE technology, but until now, I was not able to find a suitable display for my application.

My Requirements:
1st. I am going to implement SPI over LVDS to extend the cable lenth, so I need at least a modified, propably my own PCB
2nd. I would like to have a display with capacitive touch with 4-5" size (preferred 4.3) and the resolution of 800x480 px
3rd. The standard orientation of the display should be portrait, so no bigger border on the long sides, as all of the matrix orbital, NHD and so on devices have.

I have found a display, which might be useable for my application, but it has addidional SPI for the lcd controller, which I would like to avoid.

https://www.data-modul.com/sites/default/files/products/TM043YDHG30-41_specification_12037233.pdf

Does anybody know a panel with capacitive touch, that can be used like the NHD / Matrix Orbital displays (without additional SPI) and fulfills my requirements?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TFT Touch Panel (Portrait, 480x800px, 4-5")
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 02:37:36 PM »

Hi Daniel,

We're pleased to hear that you like the EVE devices,

There may be exceptions but most of the portrait panels that we have seen do need configured via the separate SPI channel whereas the landscape ones mostly don't.

EVE devices (from FT81x onwards) have rotation capability and so you can use a landscape panel and rotate it but it may have a slightly larger border on one side where the connections are.

We have examples which include configuration of ILI9488 which may help if you do need to go down the route of a panel which needs configuration. We also have our ME810A-HV35R which (although it is resistive and smaller) can be used as a hardware example of connecting the second SPI channel.
https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Datasheets/ICs/EVE/DS_ME810A_HV35R.pdf

Best Regards, BRT Community