Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 7830 times)

barracuda01

• View Profile
Hi all
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:07:54 PM »

Hi everyone, This is my first post on here. I have owned two FT900 boards and an FT813A module for a while now and have been mucking around with various examples to get used to the workflow.

I have had an idea for a project and have a few questions regarding the best way to do it or even if it is possible within the constraints of memory etc. As it regards both the MCU and EVE i'm unsure which board to post in so I hope this is ok Admins?

1st question: do you think that an FT900 could run as a remote control device that communicates over UDP (to third party device) and manage upto 25 buttons on the touch screen, and possibly a configuration web page at the same time?

2nd question: I want to be able to select the number of buttons on screen at any time, possibly using predefined grids (in an array?) so what is the most effficient way to alter the number of buttons on screen according to a user selected grid?

I am not the worlds best coder by any stretch so all help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers folks

scoprioprise

• View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 09:37:35 AM »

Hi Barracuda01,
I've done some similar thing with custom board, but I think you can do that thing.

Just keep in mind some advices:

- You have limited RAM and flash, so use external memory to keep datafiles (eg images).
- Keep strings (like html files) short, they are stored in your flash. Altering them with code does not solve, sorry. Maybe you can read them from file stored in SD card, but not sure of that.
- Be prepared using directly the code driving BT813 (not using EVE's code) or you'll have tons of code you'll not use. If not, you will end probably not be able tu use the web page part (no room for SSI pages)
- For web pages, use statically managed memory pools (expecially if you plan loading everything from the board) to keep under control memory usage. Doing so, UDP will be your best friend ;). Not doing so, will be your nightmare....

Array / grid managing will only be a question of math, think positions as variables (using constants makes lesser use of memory, but you can't have 110% of the pie...) depending from the previous one element.

barracuda01

• View Profile
Re: Hi all
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 04:29:55 PM »

Hi, thanks for the reply,

I had started using the EVE/ESD code but it did seem bloated. I hadn't thought about using external memory even though I have some SPI memory spare.

For the webpages I had thought about just using some drop-down boxes to allow users to configure options.

I certainly have a lot of learning to do ;)