Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Viewing the FT90X peripheral registers in the Eclipse debugger  (Read 6611 times)

ksw

• View Profile
Viewing the FT90X peripheral registers in the Eclipse debugger
« on: February 03, 2022, 05:19:00 PM »

Hi,

I've just started evaluating the FT900 MCU but am unfamiliar with the Eclipse toolchain. I'd like to be able to examine the peripheral register contents while debugging, but when I try and view the memory area containing the registers (base address = 0x10000) I just see 0xFFFF and the contents cannot be modified either, whereas I can examine and modify the RAM areas fine. Is it possible to view the peripheral register contents somehow?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

ksw

• View Profile
Re: Viewing the FT90X peripheral registers in the Eclipse debugger
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 05:16:18 PM »

Problem solved! The base address for the registers is above the 256K shadow program RAM and the 64K data RAM, i.e. at 0x810000. A memory map diagram in the documentation would have made it obvious to a newbie like myself...

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing the FT90X peripheral registers in the Eclipse debugger
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 04:08:07 PM »

Hi,

We are looking into adding a register viewer but in the meantime one other way to view a register is to add it to the expression window in Eclipse. For example, to view a timer peripheral register, you can add this to the expression window.
*((unsigned char *)0x10340)

Best Regards, BRT Community