Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: IDM2040-7A  (Read 5624 times)

Erdem

• View Profile
IDM2040-7A
« on: September 09, 2022, 02:19:29 AM »

Hello,
I am a newbie and english is not my native language. So i am sorry if my question is not clear.

I have bought an IDM2040-7A board recently and i have downloaded the sample code using esd successfully. ESD is great for GUI design.

But i need more than gui design.

I need to connect  an ic to rp2040 on IDM2040-7A over i2c. So i need to add i2c code into GUI code
And i need to set an output pin of rp2040 on and off when a button on the screen is pushed.

Can i do these  within ESD editor? Can i add custom code to access io's of RP2040.  If so can you share sample code please ?

Regards
Erdem

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IDM2040-7A
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Customers are free to edit any code generated by ESD within the toolchain with our C editor.

Unfortunately we do not have any examples of utilising additional I/Os on the rpi2040 within a ESD project, but if you wish to do so i would recommend configuring additional I/Os within the "Ft_Eve_Hal\Eve_HalImpl_RP2040.c" file as this is the file which configures the MCU.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Kaetemi

• View Profile
Re: IDM2040-7A
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 02:52:03 AM »

You can create C source files with functions and expose them to the GUI editor using the ESD_FUNCTION macro. (You can search the library sources for examples of this.)

RP2040 APIs can be used directly as in any regular RP2040 project. You can hide any code that accesses hardware from the GUI editor by putting it inside #ifndef ESD_SIMULATION guards, so you don't get compile errors in the simulation. (There's no simulation for hardware APIs currently, although as an alternative you could also provide your own implementation or validation stubs of hardware APIs inside a #ifdef ESD_SIMULATION guard, for debugging purposes.)