Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: How to output C/C++ From EVE Screen Designer?  (Read 7351 times)

MickeyReilley

• View Profile
How to output C/C++ From EVE Screen Designer?
« on: October 10, 2022, 05:28:56 PM »

I'm moving my company into the modern, graphical age of TFTs with EVE. I've downloaded ESD and can see how it enables me to design a very nice UI, but how do I export this to run on my MCU? I'd like to be able to output C/C++ code that I then import into my MCU compiler. I'm going to be running some sort of Microchip PIC and talking to the EVE via SPI. Is this level of generic C/C++ exporting something ESD can do?

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to output C/C++ From EVE Screen Designer?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 04:59:31 PM »

Hello Mickey,

We have an application note (BRT_AN_025 FT8xx Portable MCU Library) with associated source code, which shows how to create an EVE example library which can be ported to a variety of MCUs including a Microchip PIC MCU.
I suggest using this method as opposed to creating the project within ESD to then export it to the MCU.

The application note (BRT_AN_025) is in the process of being released and will be available on our website soon. However, the source code for this example can be accessed here from one of our GitHub repositories: https://github.com/Bridgetek/EVE-MCU-BRT_AN_025-Example-PIC18F46K22

The example can be loaded via the MPLAB X toolchain. You can find details of how to do so in 'Section 9' of our application note 'BRT_AN_008 FT81x Creating a Simple Library For PIC MCU': https://brtchip.com/wp-content/uploads/Support/Documentation/Application_Notes/ICs/EVE/BRT_AN_008_FT81x_Creating_a_Simple_Library_For_PIC_MCU.pdf

Best regards BRT Community