Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Text Box New Line Issue  (Read 7542 times)

Daithi

• View Profile
Text Box New Line Issue
« on: October 20, 2022, 09:28:29 AM »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the the new line in the multiline ESD Text Box. When I enter \n as described in ESD widget introduction guide.pdf:

'The ESD Text Box provides
the user with multi-line
editable text box. In order to
change the line, user needs to
input ‘\’ followed by ‘n’, which
also means that Text Box can
not display ‘\n’.'

The attached image shows that \n doesn't create a new line, it puts some sort of garbled character overlaid on the character following the new line. This is also reflected on the physical display. I'm not sure what to try or why this isn't working. I'm hoping someone call help.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Text Box New Line Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 11:49:19 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I've performed a quick test of this using the settings you are utilising in your project and cannot recreate this issue.

It may be that the text input has parsed a Unicode character incorrectly from your input string, if you use different input text is the issue still apparent?

Best Regards,
BRT Community

Daithi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 03:00:05 PM »

Hi,

The settings you've used aren't the ones in my project. You've used the ME817EV board with the BT817, and I've used the ME812AU board with the FT812. When I change to the ME817EV board as shown in the first attachment, it works. When I change back to the ME812AU as shown in the second attachment, it displays incorrectly.
When using the ME812AU the display list adds a VERTEX2II(55,56,0,10) where the new line should be. (10 is ascii code for the newline character)

Best Regards,
David

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 11:15:05 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for the update, I must apologise as I hadn't noticed you were using an FT812 based configuration.

Unfortunately, the FT81x series of EVE ICs does not support the '/n' character in its text commands, this accounts for the behaviour you are seeing with the ME812AU setting in ESD, new line interpretation is only supported in the BT81x series of EVE ICs.

As such you would need to place a separate text box in ESD for a new line when using the ME812AU.

Best Regards,
BRT Community