Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Bridgetek Community!

Please read our Welcome Note

Technical Support enquires
please contact the team
@ Bridgetek Support

Please refer to our website for detailed information on all our products - Bridgetek - Bridging Technology

Author Topic: Long pressing display  (Read 8049 times)

aharrah

• View Profile
Long pressing display
« on: October 27, 2023, 11:59:52 PM »

I'm using a BT817 Q with capacitive touch. I find that when I hold down a button, that after 45-60 seconds (varies) that the CTOUCH0 register will return 0x80008000 (no touch). I speculate that this might be a feature in some contexts, but I was hoping to understand the issue better, and possibly adjust some settings to avoid this timeout.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Long pressing display
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 03:22:48 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please clarify which capacitive touch controller is being utilised on your display?

And if possible, please take an I2C capture of the touch controller lines whilst the touch is being registered, i'm curious to see if the touch controller is still reporting the touch whilst eve is reporting 0x80008000.

Best Regards,
BRT Community

aharrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 04:08:02 AM »

I do not know the touch controller that the display uses.

We are using a Riverdi RVT70HSBNWC00-B display. The datasheet for the display mentions UxTouch but does not go into any detail.

BRT Community

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 01:35:43 PM »

Hello,

Thank you for the details, i believe that modules utilises a ILI2131A touch controller, this was designed by Riverdi and Ilitek to emulate natively supported touch controllers.

I am checking if we have a module which includes this touch controller for testing.
In the meantime do you have the ability to take an I2C logic capture of the touch controller data lines?

Best Regards,
BRT Community